Nicha - Devices Single Review


Nicha (Lucy Robinson) is a 22 year old songwriter from Co. Down. Nicha grew up listening to Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley and lists her influences as Moloko, Bonobo, Jack Johnson and Tash Sultana.  After finishing school, Nicha took her guitar to Australia and busked around Melbourne and Sydney.  On the way home she stopped in Nepal and played in Kathmandu. Nicha now releases her debut single Devices. Nicha wrote this song to highlight the dangers of devices and about her own phone addiction. She says "I’d get anxious if I didn’t have it on me, I’d feel it vibrate or hear a ping and no one would be there... spooky, I know. Technology can be powerful and educational, bringing us together especially in strange times like these but as I’m sure many will agree, it’s easy to waste time using it for the wrong reasons.”

Watch the lyric video here:



From the distorted guitar at the beginning to the dance pop beats throughout, Devices is absolutely brilliant. There is literally nothing to dislike about this song. The music is fantastic and Nicha's voice is remarkable. I don't normally give ratings cuz as 5 stars but if I did this would get at least 9 out of 5.


Follow Nicha:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foot Squeaker - No Connection Single Review

Logan J Parker - Cry Cry Cry Single Review

Logan J. Parker - Blue Single Review