Blushing Boy - Lolita Single Review


Blushing Boy is the musical alter ego of Ella Naseeb. Ella is an indie singer songwriter from Dublin who released her debut single "Consumer" last August. Now she returns with her brand new single "Lolita". Of the track, Ella says "We often bring our past into new situations and I’ve definitely struggled to know what I want from love and to stop myself from becoming cynical. I think everybody can relate to that feeling at some point in their lives. It's that inner juxtaposition that I’ve turned into a story. It’s who I could be in love, personified by these two characters - Lolita’s charming seduction and the singer’s caring sincerity. It’s the dark and light within myself. It's the choice of which way to go. And although the lyrics paint a warning, the song was written to leave you with a feeling of empowerment”.

"Lolita" is sheer brilliance. From the very beginning you are hooked in by Ella's transcendent vocals. The music is sedate and hypnotic which when added to the vocals leaves the listener truly enticed. The Radiohead influence shines through on this experimental indie rock song.


Follow Blushing Boy:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foot Squeaker - No Connection Single Review

Logan J Parker - Cry Cry Cry Single Review

Logan J. Parker - Blue Single Review