Rowlette - Coffee Hill Sessions (Feat. Shane Steven) Review


Rowlette is an indie pop musician from Mayo. Her songs have already received thousands of plays on Spotify and last Autumn she played to a sold out crowd at Crowbar. More recently she supported Jack L on several of his nationwide tour dates. Rowlette also studied at the renowned BIMM Institute which is where she met Shane Steven. Shane is a composer, teacher and session musician. The two have teamed up to record a couple of songs at Coffee Hill Studios. The songs Nostalgic and Runaway were released on June 17th.

Check out Nostalgic:



Nostalgic is absolutely fantastic. The acoustic guitar is belting out rock pop vibes whilst Sarah's vocals are stunning. Theres a touch of Lisa Hannigan in there but then becomes more in your face and demanding but in a good way. About the song, Sarah says "Nostalgic despite its name, is all about being present and living in the moment. “We wrote this at a time when my life was all over the place. I was in between houses, in a job I didn’t like and facing these decisions I didn’t want to make. I was walking home one evening on a dull, windy day, and got this overwhelming sense of calmness. It kind of reminded me, if you take things moment by moment, they’re not so bad. Worrying about the future is as futile as longing for the past."

Check out Runaway:



Runaway is definitely more chilled out with an R&B vibe. The two singers play off each other and combine brilliantly. Talking about this song, Sarah said "“This was the day-dreaming, non-present side of me! I was in this job that was considered great and sensible, but I really didn’t enjoy it. I felt like I should stay there, but I knew I’d be miserable...this was my way of working up the courage to leave I guess!”


Follow Rowlette:

Follow Shane Steven:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foot Squeaker - No Connection Single Review

Logan J Parker - Cry Cry Cry Single Review

Logan J. Parker - Blue Single Review